Welcome! I'm a 48 (and 1/2) year old, wife, mother (8 1/2 year old son), daughter, sister, friend and volunteer. So, 48.5 really means I'm into my 49th year on this amazing planet, and on July 19, 2010, I'll be in my 50th year. The mid-century mark. L. The big 5-0. However you want to say it, to most of the English speaking world, it means "old". I want to get there with grace, passion, beauty, love and laughter. I want to get there the old-fashioned way: by taking care of myself, eating right, creating a balanced life, laughing and living life to it's fullest. I'll be documenting my journey and hope you will watch and learn along the way. I'll also provide some of my tips for looking young and feeling your best as we head to and beyond our mid-century mark. Here's to being "Beautifully 50".

Monday, February 22, 2010

Good Day Sunshine

Remember how happy this Beatles song made us feel? Well, that's how I'm feeling right now as I've been given "The Sunshine" award by one of my favorite blog sites, La Dolfina. If you appreciate the beauty in every day life, aspire to have beautiful surroundings in your home and beyond, this is a site you definitely want to follow! Terri has impeccable taste and an eye for the exquisite, you won't be disappointed. 


It's an honor to be listed in the same breathe as the twelve other blogs Terri has bestowed her Sunshine award upon. So now it's my turn to share the twelve blogs that provide my daily dose of sunshine!  Here's to the following wonderful reads...follow them for your recommended daily dose!


The Sunshine Award
click here












My Favorite Things


And, of course, I need to include my own Super Sunshine award to Terri at La Dolfina, and to my one of my very best friends, Kellie at CashonandCompany! Thanks Kell, for pushing me to start a blog!♥ 



8 comments:

Semi Expat said...

How sweet of you... thank you so much - I really do appreciate you mentioning me as one of your 'sunshine blogs' XXX

Cashon&Co said...

aaah, thank u!!! sweet! i knew you'd be good at it that's why i pushed so hard.

Antonia Rosina said...

Oh! How exciting. I've never received an award (except when I was at school haha) so being mentioned as one of your faves is very humbling :) Thanks so much xoxox

Kathysue said...

Cindy, Wow thank you for putting me on your sunshine list, I am really surprised and touched. I did not realize that you and Kellie were friends and she is the one that got you to start blogging. Terri is the one that made me take the plunge. She was son convincing I figured why not. Others had tried to convince me but it was Terri that finally said all the right things to convince me. I had thought about blogging for over a year. I am so glad she said what she did . I have so enjoyed it and met so many lovely ladies like Kellie and yourself. Thankyou so much, Kathysue

Kathysue said...

That is great Cindy, I actually am new friends with Terri, I met her at Alameda Pointe with Eddie Ross who I had been a long time fan of. She said she was drawn to me and she reached out and I am so glad she did. She is a jewel and also encouraged me to blog. I know what you mean about friends not understanding I am very fortunate to have some very close and wonderful lady friends but they get a glazed look when I talk about blogging,hehe. Just thought of you as I put in my sweet potatoes to bake for dinner, Love your blog, you inspire me to live a more healthy and beautiful life. Kathysue

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

Congratulations on your award. You deserve it!

La Dolfina said...

Thank you so much Cindy for the lovely shout out. You were meant to blog and I'm so glad that Kellie was there to give you that push!!
Keep dancing!!!
~xo always

middleagenoise said...

Hey Cindy - check out my new blog - middleagenoise.blogspot.com

my sister encouraged me to start writing and turned me on to yours today - great stuff!