Welcome! I'm a 48 (and 1/2) year old, wife, mother (8 1/2 year old son), daughter, sister, friend and volunteer. So, 48.5 really means I'm into my 49th year on this amazing planet, and on July 19, 2010, I'll be in my 50th year. The mid-century mark. L. The big 5-0. However you want to say it, to most of the English speaking world, it means "old". I want to get there with grace, passion, beauty, love and laughter. I want to get there the old-fashioned way: by taking care of myself, eating right, creating a balanced life, laughing and living life to it's fullest. I'll be documenting my journey and hope you will watch and learn along the way. I'll also provide some of my tips for looking young and feeling your best as we head to and beyond our mid-century mark. Here's to being "Beautifully 50".

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lip it



Earlier this week, I made the mistake of deciding to purchase a girlfriend some Chanel make-up for her birthday.  I'm sure she'll love her gift, but I ended up spending far more than I should of ...on me! Usually, on any shopping expedition, I steer clear of cosmetics - mainly as a time saver (too many artists that know me), but also because I'm a sure-thing. A new mascara? Sure...A new concealer? Yes, I'll try it...I can be such a junkie, so it's better for me not to go to the source.

But, alas, I found myself talking with one of the Dior artists that used to work with me - a beautiful, classy women named Mona. Mona built her business on honesty, so her word is golden with me. I asked her to show me one product that I would love, and she pulled out the Dior Lip Maximizer.




I LOVE IT!! For once, a gloss that gives the perfect shine, not too sticky, not too shiny, is long-lasting and gives a small plumping effect (although that's not my motivation). You can use alone or on top of your favorite go-to lip shade. At $29.50, it's certainly not cheap, but it's also a lip conditioner to use as treatment at night. So, two great uses in one. I've only had it for a few days, but I know I'll be repurchasing it again and again. Oh, another plus, it's got a yummy vanilla mint taste too!



3 comments:

That's Not My Age said...

Sounds a bit like my Christmas shopping expeditions - ooh one gift for me, one gift for such-and-such a person, one for me and so on...

Cashon&Co said...

i want to try yours!

Antonia Rosina said...

Great blog :) Believe me, being in the 50s is FABULOUS!!!!!!