Welcome! I'm a 48 (and 1/2) year old, wife, mother (8 1/2 year old son), daughter, sister, friend and volunteer. So, 48.5 really means I'm into my 49th year on this amazing planet, and on July 19, 2010, I'll be in my 50th year. The mid-century mark. L. The big 5-0. However you want to say it, to most of the English speaking world, it means "old". I want to get there with grace, passion, beauty, love and laughter. I want to get there the old-fashioned way: by taking care of myself, eating right, creating a balanced life, laughing and living life to it's fullest. I'll be documenting my journey and hope you will watch and learn along the way. I'll also provide some of my tips for looking young and feeling your best as we head to and beyond our mid-century mark. Here's to being "Beautifully 50".

Sunday, February 14, 2010

IWANNA

"IWANNA"...That's the nickname my husband has given me for the past..hmm...10 years! I wanna go on a trip, I wanna remodel the kitchen, I wanna get a new car, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna!! I guess he might have something here, but as I age, I do think my "I wanna's" have waned. Middle-age is a time when you realize that material things do not buy happiness (oh sure, they can help) and your happiness has to come from within.


So, on this Valentine's Day, here is my list of "Iwanna's":


1. To cuddle in bed with my husband and son with no schedule for the day.


2. Egg white-spinach omelette with toast and coffee...in bed (made by someone other than me!).


3. See the joy on my son's face when he opens his latest editions of his favorite new book series..."The Warriors"...and of course, his big chocolate heart. 


4. Hope my hubby likes his two new shirts...bought with my uber cool girlfriend in hopes that my mid-life (but older than me by one week, one day, and one year!) husband garners some coolness of his own. ..or is it just really too late for that?


5.  Exchange "Happy Valentine's" messages with my good friends and family.


6. A peaceful, happy Valentine's Sunday doing everything my little boy wants to do...my how Valentine's has changed..for the better!


7. To remember that looking in the mirror and loving myself first matters most...it opens the heart to the desire to love others and to be loved. 


8. To tell myself that looks may wane, but my wisdom, confidence, self-reliance, and character are based on the past 48 years and I wouldn't give them up for anything.


9. To continue to pray for the people of Haiti and others in the world less fortunate than myself, and to strive to teach the important lesson of philanthropy and thinking globally to my son.


10. Ok..let's face it...I hope I get my caftan (previous post) and my favorite Godiva dark chocolate! 


It's going to be a great day! Happy Valentine's Day all!



4 comments:

Cashon&Co said...

Happy Valentine's Day to my gal Sweetheart! ❤

Shelley said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I like #10 - I can hear you saying that with your trademark laugh ( :
xoxo

La Dolfina said...

What a great I wanna list!!
You really are turning beautifully 50!
~xo always

Antonia Rosina said...

Love number 7. Happy Valentine's Day!